Our goal with the HIVE Ventures 30 under 30: Armenians in Tech was to identify top talent within the Armenian tech ecosystem.
To kick-of the process, we created and shared a nomination to allow either self-nomination or the nomination of a friend / colleague who is under the age of 30, works in the technology industry, and has made an impact in their community, professional or otherwise (note: candidate must be under the age 30 of by 5/31/20).
In parallel, we gathered a panel of highly qualified judges (see below in the Judges section) to serve as unbiased reviewers of all submitted nominees. We provided a high-level framework by which the judges should rank the nominees (see below in the Judging Criteria section).
- Education: Did this candidate exemplify stellar academic achievements in their chosen field of study (ideally within STEM)?
- Professional Achievements: What has this candidate achieved professionally to date and do you foresee potential in this candidate to continue to achieve great things professionally in the future?
- Impact: To what degree has this candidate demonstrated a desire to positively impact their community, Armenian or beyond?
We hand selected four incredible judges to review the applications and select the winners. The judges were:
- Orion Hindawi, founder & CEO of Tanium, an Emeryville-based next generation endpoint management and security company founded in 2007. Tanium serves half of the Fortune 500, the United States Department of Defense, and 12 of the top 15 US banks. Prior to founding Tanium, Orion was CTO of Bigfix.
- Vahe Kuzoyan, co-founder & President of ServiceTitan. ServiceTitan is the first Armenian unicorn and one of the most successful vertical SaaS companies in the U.S. Originally born in Armenia, Vahe immigrated to the US at a young age, where he witnessed firsthand the difficulties his father endured as he began his own plumbing business and as a result, built ServiceTitan to provide software to help business owners run their businesses.
- Tracy Young, founder & CEO of PlanGrid. Tracy worked on a construction site and felt the pain point of having to use pen and paper to do her job while on site. After searching for a modern construction collaboration software with no luck, she decided to build PlanGrid. PlanGrid was recently acquired by AutoDesk for close to $800M.
on construction sites and was recently acquired by Autodesk for close to $800M.
- Alexis Ohanian, founder of Reddit and of Initialized Capital. Alexis has been successful both as an operator and as a VC; he built one of the most successful online communities with Reddit and has an incredible portfolio of investments at Initialized Capital.